Information about Fido
Here are some facts about Fido:
- Fido is a trading name of Independent Vetcare Ireland Limited.
- Fido is an Irish Government Approved Database for the registration of dogs under the Microchipping of Dogs Regulations 2015
- Although government approved, Fido is a private operation and not a part or representative of any government ministry or department.
- Independent Vetcare Ireland Limited was incorporated in 2018 as a company with the Companies Registration Office, Dublin, Ireland.
- Company registered number: 633559.
- Registered office: 2 Shelbourne Buildings, Crampton Avenue, Shelbourne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland.
- Postal address: www.fido.ie, P.O.Box 484, Naas, Co. Kildare.
- Fido does not generate persistent Web cookies and therefore does not engage in site-to-site tracking of customer activities while using the Web.
- Fido uses an essential session cookie for the period of time that you are using the Fido site, which is necessary for maintaining a valid interaction with the service, especially for users with Fido accounts. The temporary cookie disappears permanently when your browsing session ends, by logging out or closing your browser.
- Customers are encouraged to learn about EU Directive 2002/58/EC through any of the many summaries that can be found on the Web.
Fido's use of customer data
- Fido adhere's to the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with respect to customer data. This specifically includes clarity with regards to obtaining consent, and in providing explanations regarding the use of data.
- The Data Protection Officer is Finbarr Heslin, Beaufield Veterinary Centre, Dublin Road, Celbridge, Co. Kildare.
- Fido keeps contact information in a registry in line with Government regulations for the purpose of reunification of lost or stolen pets.
- Fido neither seeks nor holds any information that is not in keeping with the registration and reunification services offered to customers.
- Registration certificates are the primary means of giving customers a tangible representation of the registered information. These include the official certificates for dogs (paper and electronic), and the downloadable certificates for all other species. Customers can also view the registered data online with the aid of access credentials supplied during registration. Fido reasonably expects customers to retain copies of any electronic correspondence as a record of any other information exchanged with Fido, including any automated messages and exchanges with Fido support staff.
- Fido will not knowingly record, amend or remove information that would lead to a false or misleading record or present a legal hazard. Fido will make every effort to correct any errors in recorded information that occurred during registration, without charge if Fido is reasonably responsible for the error, and the option of a nominal fee where customer or customer's representative is responsible. Fido also provides the means to amend recorded information, consistent with relevant regulations, should the recorded information become out-of-date.
Information about Fido's Certificates of Registration:
- Official Certificates of Registration incorporate a number of security measures. The official paper version cannot be replicated by simple printers or photocopiers.
- Photocopies, photographs or similar copies of a Certificate are not valid substitutes for an original Certificate unless the chip ID, verification PIN, scannable QR code and registered details are clearly visible.
- The minimum set of details on the Certificate is legally defined in Regulations by the Irish Government.
- The QR code on the Certificate can be scanned by most camera-phones equipped with a (free) QR scanner app, or QR-enabled browser, to verify the data in the Certificate.
- Where there is any difference between the Certificate and the data revealed via the ID/PIN/QR, the latter shall be considered correct.
- The holder of a Certificate may use the details to register a new claim of ownership or relinquish existing ownership.
- The paper Certificate has perforations to allow separation into a top part for a new owner/buyer and bottom part for the old owner/seller.
- The reverse/continuation of the official Certificate has forms and/or guidance to facilitate change of ownership.
- Change of ownership should be done online if possible. This way you do not have to post any form to Fido and the process can be completed quickly.
- There is a small fee to handle the processing, certification and delivery of the official Certificate, payable online by Debit or Credit Card.
- Fido uses Stripe for online Debit/Credit Card payments.
- Fido will accept cheques/drafts made out to "Fido" sent by post (write the chip number on the reverse of the cheque).
- Fido does not accept payment over the phone.
- Minor corrections to erroneously entered data will be considered on a case by case basis, in line with DPA/GDPR obligations, and may incur a nominal admin fee.
- Changes to certified registered details can be made online, for a nominal fee, subject to it being clear that the person identified as the owner remains the same. This includes change of address, change of phone and/or email.
- Any changes to a current certified registration may invalidate existing VLinks issued through VeriPet for online sale of the registered dog.
Fido also provides information on the following topics:
Royal Canin is a proud sponsor of Fido
Royal Canin Voucher £13/€15 Discount for registered Fido customers. Read More
Links open in a separate window
Once off discount for microchipped pets.
Link opens in a separate window