Information about Fido
Here are some facts about Fido:
- Fido is a trading name of IVIS Limited.
- IVIS is Irish Veterinary Identification Solutions. You may see this mentioned during payment or on receipts.
- Fido is an Irish Government Approved Database for the registration of dogs under the Microchipping of Dogs Regulations 2015
- Although government approved, Fido is a private operation and not a part or representative of any government ministry or department.
- Fido was incorporated as a company with the Companies Registration Office, Dublin, Ireland.
- Company registered number: 453178.
- Registered office: IVIS Limited, 2nd Floor, Beaufield Veterinary Centre, Dublin Road, Celbridge, Co. Kildare.
- Registration date: 11/02/2008.
- Postal address: www.fido.ie, P.O.Box 484, Naas, Co. Kildare.
- Fido does not generate persistent Web cookies and therefore does not engage in site-to-site tracking of customer activities while using the Web.
- Fido uses an essential session cookie for the period of time that you are using the Fido site, which is necessary for maintaining a valid interaction with the service, especially for users with Fido accounts. The cookie is merely a random number, and contains no information whatsoever. The session cookie disappears permanently when your browsing session ends.
- Fido uses an external site usage monitor that uses non-essential cookies, associated only with Fido and not used by Fido for any purpose other than that associated with the performance of the Fido site. This third-party offers an opt-out solution.
- Customers are encouraged to learn about EU Directive 2002/58/EC through any of the many summaries that can be found on the Web.
Information about Fido's Certificates of Registration:
- Printed Certificates of Registration incorporate a number of security measures and cannot be replicated by simple printers or photocopiers.
- Photocopies, photographs or digital copies of a Certificate are not valid substitutes for the original printed Certificate.
- The minimum set of details on the Certificate is legally defined in Regulations by the Irish Government.
- The QR code on the Certificate can be scanned by most camera-phones equipped with a (free) QR scanner app, to verify the printed data.
- The holder of a Certificate may use the details to register a new claim of ownership or relinquish existing ownership.
- The Certificate has perforations to allow separation into a top part for a new owner/buyer and bottom part for the old owner/seller.
- The reverse of the printed Certificate has forms to facilitate change of ownership.
- You do not have to post the forms to Fido because you can use the Certificate details to change ownership online.
- There is a small fee to handle the processing, printing and postage of Certificates, payable online by Debit or Credit Card.
- Fido uses Stripe for Debit/Credit Card payments.
- Fido will accept cheques/drafts made out to "Fido" sent by post (write the chip number on the reverse of the cheque).
- Minor corrections to recorded data will be considered on a case by case basis, in line with DPA obligations, and may incur a nominal admin fee.
Fido also provides information on the following topics:
Royal Canin is a proud sponsor of Fido
Free cat/dog food for registered Fido customers. Read More
Links open in a separate window
Once off discount for microchipped pets.
Link opens in a separate window